Mystery Blogger Award
So. As you guys can clearly see, today’s blog post is going to be rather oxymoronic.
What do I mean?
Have a look at the title.
The Mystery blogger award.
The award may be a mystery, but the reason for me posting it surely isn’t. It’s bragging rights. Pure and simple. Hence, it’s an oxymoron.
Anyways, now that you are here, we’d better deal with this ASAP.
(The sooner, the better. That’s what we say when it comes to unpleasant stuff, right?)
A. What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The award was created by – Okoto Enigma who created this award for blogs that hadn’t been discovered as way to give them some recognition!
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
I’d like to thank Delta Eriana Ariana Deathstorm (D.E.A.D) of deadbooks.com for the nomination. (giving me a chance to brag) Her blog, if you haven’t guessed already, specialises on zombie apocalypse and speculates on it’s consequences. So any horror/dystopian fans here will feel much more at home on her site. It’s also an ideal place to start for notoriously curious people as well.
(People like me, I mean.)
C. Three Facts About Me
Well, of course, Delta didn’t know too much about me or else she really wouldn’t have handed a narcissist such a dangerous weapon.
Oh dear, it’s too late now though, isn’t it?
Here we go!
1. I speak with myself. Aloud. A lot.
No, I am not schizophrenic, thank you for your concern. I know it because I stop as soon as I hear someone approaching. On rare occasions though, I do get caught. But thanks to technology, most people mistake my ‘conversation’ for an actual one over a phone using a Bluetooth device or something… Although, when the coincidences begin evolving into a pattern, that’s when they realize what they are truly looking at.
2. I can’t study in a library
Why? Refer to fact 1, won’t ya?
I use that very flaw as a tool for studying. Reciting stuff to myself. Now can you study when you have a guy like me across the table? 😅
(Hats off, if you can!)
3. I like arithmetics. A little too much for my own good.
If you are wondering why too much, here’s an example:-
I have attempted incorporating arithmetics into relationships. Like what is the probability that the concerned person is thinking like this. Or that. Or has come up to this conclusion about me. Or that. By using a number of variables that I calculate and define based on ‘evidence’.
(You don’t have to say it. I know. I sucked big time. Almost every time. 90% of the times I guess.
Oh boy, here we go again!😑)
In my defense though, it’s only because I hate not knowing. I know life isn’t predictable, but I’d love to make it so. Atleast somewhat.
D. The Q & A
(aka Narcissism part 2)
I. The A to her Q.
1. You have to give up music or films for the rest of your life, what do you choose?
Wow. I never really thought about this. Being born and brought up in India, a country where music and films almost always run together, I have never really tried separating the two. But if I have to choose, I’d go with films. Because I guess I can live without them. Not music though. I love and practice it from the deepest recesses of my heart.
2. What was your favourite book as a child?
Errm… It’s really hard to pick one, ‘cuz I have been a bookworm for as long as I remember. Although I guess I’d go with the ‘Famous Five’ series of Enid Blyton. The adventures of the four kids and their dog Timothy, were a true source of thrill and enchantment for my prepubescent soul.
3. Where would you hide out if there was a zombie apocalypse?
Yet again, I had never really considered such an event until I read your blog posts. Although, I have heard that zombies are rather wary of fire. So if push comes to shove, I’d surround myself with a literal firewall. Or steal a NASA shuttle and get to the moon. Provided there’s no zombie there already.
4. If you could have a superpower what would it be?
Hmm. Just one, huh? Well then I guess I’d go for the power of knowing everyone’s thoughts. Because in today age, where knowledge truly is power, human minds have become the most lethal and the most coveted weapon of ’em all. Hell, even in our day to day lives we always come across people who say something yet mean something else entirely. And I’d love to shut such brand of people forever.
5. What is your favourite takeaway?
I am actually confused by this question. Do you mean to refer to a restaurant take away? Or like the take home message of something?
Either ways, I guess I’d better answer both.
My favorite restaurant takeaway is the wrap from McDonald’s. ‘cuz I’m lovin’ it! 😅
And my favorite take home message has been from the movie series Kung Fu Panda
Yup. That’s what life is all about.
II. The A to my Q.
Now it’s my turn to return you guys the favour! And here are my questions:-
- What does blogging mean to you?
- Your biggest pet peeve. And why?
- You have been forced to go a magical adventure. If given a choice, which magical weapon would you choose?
- When you were little, what did you want to be? Are you still pursuing it?
- What is the most heartwarming thing that you have ever seen?
E. The nominations
The show must go on. After all, the blogging community is indeed one huge family. Faithful and rewarding. So I consider it my pleasure as well as an obligation to nominate a few of my fellow bloggers and give them the credit they truly deserve.
1. Rashi Singh of Fictive Finesse
2. Wide eyed wandering spoonie of JP the wide eyed wanderer
3. Sadia Noor of Through my eyes
4. Goldie of One day at a time…
5. Yogesh Khajander of कथा, कविता आणि बरंच काही…
6. Short prose fiction of Short prose
7. Shruti Ohri of Just Scribbled thoughts
8. Shail of Shail’s nest
9. Megha of Megha’s world
10. Shreya Vikram of The midnight ember
Because no award post can be declared as ‘complete’ without one…
- Put the award logo/image on your blog
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post
G. Best Post!
Huh. This is a really, really wrong thing to ask to a person like me! The best post? Why?!
Well, I guess I am going to go with my most commented post over here, I suppose. Which is this one:-
Until next time, fellas!