Sunshine Blogger Award
Errmm… I really don’t think we need too much of an explanation for this post. We all know what must have happened over here.
I wrote a couple of posts.
And then I decided it was about time I bragged about myself. Again.
(I know. I always brag. The only difference is that this time I’m practically shouting out of my balcony. Well…. Not quite. But you get the picture 😅)
So let’s just get this done with. Shall we?
The Sunshine Blogger award
1. Thank the person who nominated you and provide a link back to their blog so others can find them.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions.
4. Notify the nominees about it by commenting on one of their blog posts.
5. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and/or your blog site.
Alright. So as I have already displayed the logo and the rules and have also notified my nominees, (hopefully) That leaves us with just three items in the list. Excellent!
A. The acknowledgments
So, first of all, I’d like to thank Rachelsteve2005 of Fictive Finesse and She of This-door-is-alarmed for thinking of me as a worthy candidate for this coveted award. And hence, I would like to give them an honourable mention before we set off with our Q&A session.
1. Rachelsteve2005 is a bright, bubbling new writer eager to spread her wings in this tempest full of talent waiting to be discovered. Her blog, rightly named as Fictive Finesse has an interesting collection of poems, art and short stories. Her latest series, named ‘The Truth’ is indeed an interesting read.
2. She….. Well… She’s she. She is a person who is willing to share her stories, her introspection and her art in her posts, a way through which we can get to know her. Her only request? Staying anonymous, which I guess is something that we all must respect.
B. The Q&A
Now, since I have taken the luxury of combining the two nominations (being the lazy person that I am), I have had to choose 11 questions out of the 22. I hope you don’t mind it.
(And even if you do, it’s too late anyways)
Here you go!
1. Why did you start blogging and what blogging advice would you give to beginners?
Errrmmm… The reason I started blogging was purely because of my love for writing. It has been my childhood hobby which though had withered away in my late teens found new life as I begun writing a fan-fiction of a sitcom with which I was obsessed back then. FRIENDS. Soon later, I came to realise that I needed a platform where I could write whatever came to mind and not restrict myself to a certain format or a set of characters. WordPress came as a suggestion from my friend who already had a blog here. And then … Voila! This blog was born! 😅
Advice? Community participation. It’s the 101 for any newbie looking to establish themselves.
(Another important thing is consistency. But then, I guess I shouldn’t throw stones when I live in a glasshouse myself, heh?)
If you think that only quality content will get you across, then boy you couldn’t be more wrong. It’s all about helping each other over here. So read more. Help more. And in the end…. Receive more!
2. What would you think I was referring to if I told you to ‘put it down’?
Honestly, if someone were to tell me that now, I’d think that it was my cellphone. Because that’s what my parents almost always mean whenever they tell me to ‘put it down’. And they are the ones who use that phrase the most. For the same reason. Every time.
3. If you could remove one letter from the English alphabet, what would it be, and what consequences do you see coming from it?
Errrmmm…. I guess it would be the letter ‘W’. And the consequences? Zero. That’s why I am choosing it.
(If you are wondering why, here’s a food for your thought. Give me one word where the letter ‘W’ is pronounced as ‘W’. One word and I’ll take it back.)
4. Which Harry Potter house are you in?
Ravenclaw. I’m pretty smart, you know. 😎
(Personally, I would prefer Gryffindor… But then, who wouldn’t?)
5. Would you rather live in eternal silence or eternal noise?
Wow. So that’s a question which appears easy on the surface but is really not that simple, is it?
Honestly, it’s neither. But If you ask me to choose, then it’ll be eternal silence. Atleast I’ll have some moments of peace before the emptiness consumes me whole. Noise won’t give me that kind of luxury.
6. What significance does the word ‘chance’ have to you? What do you associate with it?
For me, chance usually means that I should take it. For I’m an optimistic plus impatient person. Anything new or different always excites me.
BTW, that REALLY doesn’t mean that I succeed at it. In fact, most of the times, I don’t.
7. Can mistakes be treasured? How?
They can be. By not repeating them. You see, if anything has to be treasured, then it means that it has to be special. Which inadvertently means that it has to be rare.
Now what could possibly be more rare than unique?
8. What makes happiness happy?
You. It’s that simple. Beyond your basic necessities, money can’t buy you happiness. Neither can your friends or family if you are so determined to shut up in that bloody hell hole of yours. It HAS to be you. You and your perception of the world around you.
9. How right is right?
Usually, it depends on how ignorant you are. The more right you say your ‘right’ is, chances are that you will be even less right than what you were earlier.
10. What is that one thing which you’d like to improve about yourself?
(Let’s be honest. There are MANY things which I would like to improve about myself. And I am pretty sure you agree. It’s such a pity that I have to choose only one. Well then, let’s go with my biggest and baddest vice. Shall we?)
Stop overanalyzing things.
Because it somehow almost always ends up biting me. Hard.
11. Write one quote that made you feel differently about life.
“Yesterday is a history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That’s why it is called as The Present”
(From Kung Fu Panda. It’s Master Oogway’s message to Po. In fact I have also mentioned this quote in my previous post:- The movie called Life: Unabridged )
C. The nominations and the questions.
It gives me great pleasure to have been given an opportunity to present to you the nominations for the Sunshine Blogger award. So after careful consideration, and a lot of hard work by my side, I have finally short listed the following bloggers for the award.
(Have I written this well enough? Or should I have come out even more pompous? I tried my best, you know.)
And these are my questions for you guys!
1. What was the reason/inspiration behind you starting your blog?
2. What are your current blogging goals? Any future ambitions?
3. Who is your favourite fictional character? And why?
4. What is your favourite colour? And what does it mean to you?
5. The best blog post you have ever read so far. (Pray provide a link if possible)
6. Fire or Water?
7. What do you like the most about yourself?
8. Do you believe in spirit animals? If yes, then what is your spirit animal?
9. Optimism Vs Pessimism. Your views.
10. According to you, what is life?
11. If I were to tell you that you have only a day to live and just one place you could go, then what would it be? And why?
I’ll be waiting eagerly for your responses! And of course, I wish you all the very best for your future ventures in the world of blogging. Or more!
That’s it! I hope we meet soon again…
But seriously, I won’t be around for a month or so atleast due to my exams and stuff. So it’s very likely that we will be meeting straight up in 2-0-1-9. In fact, I’m so sure that I am itching to wish you all a merry Christmas and a Happy New year right now…
(I guess that’ll be quite a record now, wouldn’t it? Wishing so far in advance?)
Well… I just hope that you don’t give up on me till then, though. 😅